Root Cause Analysis Handbook: A Guide to Effective Incident Investigation, by ABS Group, Inc.
Available from Rothstein Publishing
Presents a proven system designed for investigating, categorizing, and ultimately eliminating, the root causes of incidents with safety, health, environmental, quality,
reliability, and production-process impacts.
Defined as a tool to help investigators describe what happened, to determine how it happened, and to understand why it happened, ABS Consulting's included SOURCE (Seeking Out the Underlying Causes of Events) RCA software enables businesses to generate specific, concrete recommendations for preventing incident recurrences.
Using the factual data of the incident, the system also allows quality, safety, and risk and reliability managers an opportunity to implement more reliable and more cost-effective practices that result in major, long-term opportunities for improvement.
Such process improvements increase a business' ability to recover from and prevent incidents with both financial and health-and-safety implications.
Special features include:
- A resource CD with:
- Example analyses
- -ABS Consulting's SOURCE Investigator's Toolkit - forms and checklists to use in your RCA/incident investigation program
- A sample RCA/incident investigation program
- Access to ABS Consulting's on-line RCA Resources
- Detailed guidance to using the Root Cause Map(tm)
- A 17 by 22 inch pull-out, color Root Cause Map - a powerful tool for identifying and coding root causes
- Over 120 figures and tables